S. Joshua 4:21,22
"When your children ask their fathers in time to come, saying, 'What are these stones?' then you shall let your children know....."
O. When John the baptist came baptizing in the Jordon River, he pointed to the very stones that the children of Israel set up at Gilgal, as a monument representing God's promise to them and said, ".....God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones." I find it interesting that there were 12 stones, representing all 12 tribes, even though 3 tribes decided not to settle in the Promised Land. It is no less interesting that they set up a 12 stone monument in the middle of the Jordon River. This tells me that my salvation is complete and hidden forever in The River (Jesus Christ).
A. As I look at the cross I am assured that every issue concerning my salvation is settled in Heaven. No matter how rock hard my personality is, I know by faith in The Rock (Jesus Christ), that I'm a child of God. Now, when asked by my children, "What does this mean?" I can simply point to the Cross and say, "God is able!"
P. Thank You, Jesus that You brought me across the river and that I'm hidden in the Rock. Remind me to point to my monument (the Cross).
No comments:
Post a Comment