Thursday, June 7, 2012

Among The Nations

S. Psalm 18:49 "Therefore I will give thanks to You O LORD, among the gentiles, and sing praises to Your Name"

O. When ever we see the word "therefore", of course, the question "What's it therefore?" begs to be asked. David opens this psalm with "I will love..., I will trust..., I will call upon the LORD". As he witnesses all hell (literally) breaking loose, he cries out to God, and God saves him from his enemies. Now David declares that he will praise God, not only in Israel, but among the gentiles (the nations).

A.Tonight I get to gather with the saints to praise and worship the Creator of the universe and the Redeemer of my soul. To quote the great theologian Jackie Gleason, "How sweet it is!" Yet what about today and tomorrow, as I go about my witnessing His goodness and strength in my life? I have to confess that I am weak when it comes to giving thanks to God among the gentiles (the unsaved).

P. "LORD, I am walking this earth right now to bring You praise among the unsaved. Give me strength and courage to give You thanks and sing praises to Your name among the nations."

No comments:

Post a Comment