Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Revelation 1:5a

Revelation 1:5a
"and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead and the ruler of the kings of the earth. 

     Thank God that His faithfulness is not contingent on my faith. He (Jesus) is the only one who came from God. He is the only one who could witness with complete authority. I can trust Him (Is. 55:4). 
     Of course the "firstborn from the dead" speaks of His resurrection, but it also speaks of our own deaths and resurrection.
He died (first) that I might live. I really don't know where He came from or where He is going because I have never been there; I just know that He is and that He is good. He was that perfect Seed planted in His own garden that grew and died and spilled His blood on the ground that I might truly live. Now I must be born again (Jn. 3:3) that I might be raised with Him.
     I am my own worst boss. I try hard, I do good, I fail miserably. I tend to set up kingdoms with non-human kings. Jesus is the one true King.

No comments:

Post a Comment