Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Revelation 1:4

Revelation 1:4
"John: To the seven churches in Asia. Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before His throne,..."

     The seven churches were actual churches in John's time. They also represent periods of time in the church age. they are applicable to all churches today.
     There can be no peace without grace and that only proceeds from that eternal, changeless God.
      I never want to limit God, but neither do I want to be heretical. Seven Spirits? Is God one God in more than three persons? Isaiah 11:2 has been cited as a reference concerning the seven spirits of God, but I see one. "The Spirit of the Lord will rest upon Him - a Spirit of wisdom and understanding, a Spirit of counsel and strength, a Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord." My thought is that there is only one Spirit of the Lord (Is.42:1) with six attributes or characteristics. Be that as it may, the number seven is the number of completion. Genesis tells us that on the seventh day God rested (Gen. 2:2). There are seven churches mentioned here and seven Spirits. I believe that they are one and He is not only present in the churches, But He is also enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment